Recent Commercial Posts
Look for These Things When Hiring a Restoration Firm for Your Business
SERVPRO of Dunedin/Palm Harbor South can handle your commercial restoration needs no matter what type of damage you experience.
Are you restoring your facility after water or fire damage? Hiring the right crew should be one of the first things on your list. Finding a commercial restoration firm may not be difficult, but be careful to evaluate the following factors to make sure you're getting the crew that will give you the best results.
When you look around for cleaning and restoration services for commercial properties, check out firms that have a history of successful projects. You should also look for companies that are IICRC certified. IICRC is the organization that sets rigorous standards for the cleaning and restoration industry. If the firm you are considering is IICRC certified you are on the right track.
How capable is the firm or its staff? A professional restoration service should understand what restoring a commercial building entails and is likely to have an established process to ensure stellar results. You’ll want to ask them about what the crew intends to do, how they’ll get started, and more.
So much depends on having the right equipment. That’s something you’ll want to be certain of when you hire a crew for the project. If the firm doesn’t have the proper tools, you might end up with a longer timeframe. Also, results might not be up to your standards. The team at SERVPRO of Dunedin and Palm Harbor South maintains the very latest in equipment and technology to make sure your project goes quickly and efficiently.
How long will it take? You'll want to find a firm that understands why a business needs to get the work done quickly, so your business can be open and generate revenue again. This is one of the reasons so many people in Dunedin and Palm Harbor trust SERVPRO. They have proven processes and the latest equipment to make sure your process happens quickly and efficiently and you can get back to doing what you do best--running your business!
What is the extent of the services you can expect? Do you have requests that aren’t included in the package? You'll want to make sure that the firm you hire can handle your entire restoration project. You don't want to have to go looking for a separate company to complete portions of your restoration that your main firm can't handle.
A trusted restoration and cleaning resource is SERVPRO of Dunedin and Palm Harbor South. No matter what kind of property damage your business has suffered, their IICRC certified professionals can handle it completely and quickly for you. They're available to take your call 24/7 at (727) 793-1333
Make Sure You Hire Professionals for Your Commercial Property Damage Restoration
This apartment/condo complex suffered massive water damage with the water line in a unit broke when the customer was out of town.
When a water damage emergency happens at your business, it is critical for you to get in touch with a responsible professional who can help you to restore and rebuild and reopen your business quickly. There is a lot of work to be done, and many things need to be done in a very specific way if you are to minimize damage and restore your property efficiently. Our team at SERVPRO of Dunedin/Palm Harbor South has the tools and resources to help you every step of the way.
A Restoration Company Should be Licensed
When choosing a company or a professional to handle this type of work, you want to be sure they are fully licensed to do it for you. That means they should be a licensed general contractor for residential or commercial projects, depending on what your needs are.
Maintain Continuity: Can They Do It All?
When you have extensive damage to repair you need a team that can do all of the work for you, instead of bringing in various contractors for each portion of the job. They should be able to help you completely restore all damage properly, to ensure there is no risk to your property or your employees or customers after you reopen.
Are They Sensitive to Your Need to Reopen?
At SERVPRO of Dunedin/Palm Harbor South, we do it all for you. We use the most experienced and highly trained technicians and the latest specialized equipment to do the work. And, we understand how critical it is for your business to reopen as soon as possible. We do everything possible to minimize your loss of revenue from your business being closed to your customers.
If you have any type of damage to your commercial property, call us anytime 24/7 at 727-793-1333.
Enjoy Rides And Games For All Ages Near Palm Harbor This December
Fire damage will slow down business for sure. Call the professionals at SERVPRO for the fire restoration services to get you up and running again.
Stop Kids Getting Bored In Palm Harbor With A Family Trip To A Holiday Village
If you are looking for some family fun this winter, look no further than Ellenton Holiday Village, about an hour’s drive from Palm Harbor. The village is well worth the trip, so make a day of it and make some festive memories with your family.
- Have fun with thrilling midway rides for all ages, including the brand new Jumbos ride and Bertazzon Himalaya ride.
- Traditional fair food is available.
- Listen to lively music from the community entertainment stages.
The Ellenton Holiday Village is at Ellenton Premium Outlets in Ellenton. The village is open from noon – 11 PM (4 PM – 11 PM on Christmas Day) until January 3. Ride tickets are $1.50 each or purchase an unlimited rides wristband for $30.
SERVPRO of Dunedin / Palm Harbor South is here to help businesses cope with fire damage this festive season. If your premises has fire damage, call us at (727) 793-1333.
Soak In Some Arts and Culture In Palm Harbor
Flood damage can be a handful for someone who doesn't know what to do. Call the professionals at SERVPRO for the water restoration help you need.
Sun, Sea, and Culture Abound In Beautiful Florida
Palm Harbor is a popular town in Florida, situated close to Tampa and St Petersburg.
The Southern Land and Development Company originally plotted the town back in 1888. They initially called it "Sutherland," as a short form of their name. There are one or two references to the area being called Bay St. Joseph and Yellow Bluff before it was named Palm Harbor. Unfortunately, the name Yellow Bluff came to have negative connotations with the Yellow Fever, so it changed. By 1925, the town was known as Palm Harbor.
These days Palm Harbor is a popular residential area with a population of 64,301. The town boasts several sports facilities and parks and is home to the famous Innisbrook Golf Resort. The resort boasts four championship courses, a spa, and luxurious rooms for guests to stay in. You can book luxury golf packages, receive instruction, and tee off in the place where champions love to play.
However, golf is not all there is to Palm Harbor. The community, and surrounding areas such as Tampa and St Petersburg, offers ample opportunity to enjoy arts and culture.
Get Into The Festival Vibe
The area is rich in festivals for everything from blues music to local cuisine.
- Palm Harbor boasts two popular festivals. The annual Taste of Palm Harbor benefits local charitable organizations and features a lineup of local restaurants, many of whom specialize in seafood. There is also live music to enjoy. On most months, you can enjoy Palm Harbor's First Friday Celebrations, where there are rides and games for the children, plus local arts and crafts displays and local food to sample.
- Across in St Petersburg, the annual Shine Mural Festival sees the city come to life with unique murals. Each year has a different theme, and the artists paint beautifully intricate murals all around the town.
- No list of local festivals could be complete without mentioning Gasparilla Pirate Festival in nearby Tampa. A large pirate ship sails into Tampa, accompanied by hundreds of smaller boats. They demand and receive the keys to the city, which kicks off a vibrant parade. The area is busy with Gasparilla events from January to March every year, including multiple arts festivals, a children's parade, and a lit-up parade.
Other popular local events include Bluesfest, The Green Thumb Festival, The St Petersburg Grand Prix, and the Dr. Martin Luther King Jr Parade. No matter what time of year you visit the area, you are sure to find something to entertain you. If you go to nearby St Petersburg, you will find seven distinct arts districts, each with a unique flavor. You'll find everything from modern art and murals to antique books and a lively music scene. Drop by the Duncan McClellan Gallery to see more than 3000 square feet of vibrant glass art, or visit the up and coming M L King North district, where you'll find a fun cafe culture vibe that inspires local artists and writers.
Visit The Local Museums and Learn Something New
As well as arts and festivals, the Palm Harbor area has plenty of museums to explore. There are so many you might feel spoiled for choice. Why not start with some of these favorites:
- Palm Harbor Museum features artifacts and exhibits dating from when Palm Harbor was first established to the present day. Notable exhibitions include the Faith Mission, where you can learn all about the mission and orphanage, and Citrus Is King, where you can learn all about the history of citrus farming in the Palm Harbor area.
- Great Exploration Children's Museum is fun and educational for children of all ages. The exhibits are hands-on and include a house where children can learn about being a plumber or engineer and a children's market, where youngsters can learn about budgeting, shopping, and healthy eating. Kids will also love the aquatic-themed play areas and climbing wall.
- The Museum Of Fine Arts in St Petersburg boasts an impressive collection of more than 20,000 artworks by luminaries such as Bourdelle, Monet, Rodin, Pearlstein, and O'Keeffe. The photography collection is exceptionally well-respected, and you can also view a lovely collection of Tiffany glasswork.
- Art lovers will not want to miss the Dalí Museum, where you can view an extensive collection of works by the Spanish surrealist artist. There is also an interactive garden exhibit, and when you need a rest, you can enjoy some authentic Spanish cuisine at the on-site Spanish Cafe.
- Get hands-on with history at the Cracker Country Living Museum. Living history interpreters, knowledgeable artisans, heritage animal breeds, and local plants all enhance the experience and let you taste a real slice of life from the settlers' time.
Palm Harbor also features a small historic district in the downtown area, so you can see the historic architecture for yourself and get a feel for Palm Harbour's past. You'll also find a wealth of boutique shops and restaurants.
SERVPRO Helps Local Businesses Deal With Flood Damage
All businesses in Palm Harbor are concerned about flood damage. Several areas of Palm Harbor have flooded, or nearly flooded, in the past, and so it is essential to be prepared and have a plan of action in place.
SERVPRO encourages local businesses to sign up for a free SERVPRO Emergency READY Plan (ERP.) An ERP helps organizations to prepare for a flood. This is how it works:
- You sign up for a free account and input your organization details.
- Walkthrough your facility and put in information when prompted.
- Take photographs when the app asks you to.
- Add all the vital information such as the chain of command, contact details for key staff, and what to do in an emergency.
Your ERP makes it easier for staff to know what to do in an emergency. Being able to act quickly increases the chances of getting your business back up and running. You can also establish SERVPRO as your go-to flood damage remediation company, which means you can quickly organize a site visit from our technicians.
Do not let flood damage impact your business. We are here to get your business back on its feet, "Like it never even happened." Call SERVPRO of Dunedin / Palm Harbor South at (727) 793-1333.
How Can SERVPRO's Emergency READY Plan Help Prepare For Water Restoration In A Yoga Studio?
Let SERVPRO keep you on the mats after your Palm Harbor water damage.
Palm Harbor Business Owners Looking For A Smooth Water Restoration Process
Running a yoga studio in Palm Harbor can be very satisfying. Yoga is an exciting exercise that helps local residents take time out of their busy lives and enjoy some me-time. To keep your yoga studio thriving, it is a good idea to prepare ahead for potential disasters.
There are many reasons you might need water restoration in your Palm Harbor yoga studio:
- Heavy winds and rain broke a window and let water in
- Broken or overflowing guttering caused water to seep under the studio door
- A broken pipe or faucet soaked the floor or caused a small flood in the bathroom
- The kitchen dishwasher broke and flooded the floor
Unfortunately, yoga studios often have lots of soft furnishings, such as yoga mats and foam blocks, that are susceptible to water damage. Water can also warp wooden fittings such as the front desk, pool across the floor, and soak into essential papers such as customer records or staff training manuals.
Why is preparation key to handling a disaster?
If you have a disaster in your business, time is of the essence. The risks of leaving water damage untreated include:
- Water can soak further into rugs and yoga mats.
- Water might spread to damage baseboards, drywall, wallpaper, and drapes
- The risk of microbial growth gets more significant with every passing hour
We suggest calling us as soon as you spot the need for water damage restoration. We’re Faster To Any Size Disaster, and our teams are waiting to clean and restore your business.
What can SERVPRO do if I need water restoration?
We can help with every aspect of water restoration. Our process includes:
- An assessment so we can devise the best remediation plan and discuss it with you
- Pumping out water using handheld wands, free-standing pumps, and truck-mounted pumps
- Remedying water damage using wet and dry cleaning, spot cleaning, and fogging
- Drying out your studio with air movers and dehumidifiers
- Deodorizing with air scrubbers and odor-controlling pellets, so your premises smell fresh again
We can also liaise with insurers on your behalf.
Is any job too small?
No – we are here to help with any incident, big or small. Even a tiny leak can cause you to shut your studio. Every day your studio is closed is a day you cannot earn money from it. SERVPRO of Dunedin / Palm Harbor South understands that you need to get your business up and running again as soon as possible. That is why we designed the SERVPRO Emergency Ready Plan (ERP).
What is an Emergency READY Profile Plan?
A ready profile is an action plan you can put into place as soon as an incident occurs. An ERP shaves valuable time off the restoration process because it allows you to act quickly.
To get started, download the ERP app and follow the on-screen instructions to carry out a no-cost assessment of your yoga studio. You will log vital information, such as:
- Water shut-off valves
- Assembly points
- Priority contact information
- insurance details
Having all the right information to hand means you do not have to search for it when a disaster is progressing.
Your profile also includes a concise document with only the most critical information, so your staff does not have to search for essential details in the middle of a crisis. You will also draw up a plan for getting your business running again.
How does the ERP Work?
When you need water restoration, you can launch the app and contact us in just a few clicks. You can submit the first notice of loss, or call us directly from within the app. Your ERP will automatically populate much of the information, saving you valuable time. The app even comes with mitigation tips you can follow while you wait for us to arrive, further hastening the process and helping your business recover faster.
Who should I share my plan with?
We recommend sharing your plan with all key decision-makers in your business and staff members who might be on-site in the event of water damage. The plan gives your staff steps to follow and makes it easier for them to act.
You must email your ERP to your preferred SERVPRO franchise, so we have all the studio information. We hope you will not need us, but we should have the data to hand if you do.
If you are worried about water damage restoration, do not hesitate to get in touch. We will take care of every aspect and leave your business Certified SERVPRO Clean.
For help with water restoration, call SERVPRO of Dunedin / Palm Harbor South at (727) 793-1333.
How Can Water Damage the Flooring in My Palm Harbor Shop?
Pooling water affecting your Palm Harbor Work Place? We're Faster To Any Size Disaster. Call SERVPRO for Extraction
The migration of water effects can be destructive to your building, and flooring materials can often experience this damage the worst.
When many property owners consider water restoration and recovery, they fixate on the drying and extraction average necessary to protect their Palm Harbor shop. In addition to the mitigation and restoration actions required to preserve many of the exposed materials and content in the building, it is expected that a certain degree of structural repair another reconstruction efforts are necessary. Substantial water loss situations, such as burst pipes or malfunctioning sprinkler systems, can leave high volumes of water saturating into the flooring materials throughout the main shop area.
Is water damage repair necessary?
While it might be challenging to initially determine the extent of water damage repair necessary for Palm Harbor jobs like yours, the sooner that you can secure professional restoration and competent contractors, the better. Water damage often worsens continually and leaves a 48-hour window to restore many of the structural elements exposed. When migrating water penetrates beyond the surface flooring material, subflooring and underlayment materials could become damaged. Identifying whether or not subflooring has become too damaged to preserve involves a series of advanced detection devices including:
Can SERVPRO Repair and Reinstall Flooring Materials?
We do not waste time with the restoration of materials that could be too damaged to protect. It is often more cost-effective to discard saturated materials and replace them rather than spending time working to dry what might not be salvageable. Removing surface material and underlayment can often allow our technicians a better opportunity to dry subflooring before irreparable damage occurs to this area. With in-house contractors, we can replace discarded materials immediately following mitigation services. We do emphasize the goal of restoring and not replacing building materials and members whenever feasible.
Many structural elements in your shop could become damaged by migrating water. We have contractors and recovery technicians that can work quickly to help. Give our SERVPRO of Dunedin / Palm Harbor South team a call today at (727) 793-1333.